fiance visa

How to Apply for a Fiance Visa and get Green Card?

What is a K 1 fiance visa?

If you're falling in love with someone and want to move to the United States and be with them, you can do so by applying for a K 1 fiance visa. The K1 visa is for people who are engaged to a U.S. citizen and want to move to the United States. The fiancé must be living outside the United States and be petitioned by a U.S. citizen to enter the U.S. The application process can be long and difficult, but it is essential to follow all the rules and regulations.

If you want to petition for your wife, read this article.

How to get a K 1 visa?

The K1 visa is an immigrant visa that allows the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a United States citizen to enter the United States. Once in the states, the couple must decide whether they will get married. The foreign-citizen must marry the United States citizen within 90 days of arrival in the United States. To apply for a K 1 visa, the foreign-citizen must file a petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). There are several documents that are required to be submitted with the petition.

This includes submitting the foreign-citizen's birth certificate, police certificates, financial records, medical examination, photographs, and other documents. The USCIS will conduct a background check on the person seeking a K-1 visa. If the petition is approved, the foreign-citizen may apply for the K-1 visa with the Department of State. If approved, the foreign-citizen must enter the United States on the K1 visa within 6 months of the approval.

Download How to Get a Green Card eBook

How to bring your loved one to the USA with a K 1 Visa?

Marriage based immigration is a popular way for people to get a green card and come to the United States. There are a few different ways to get a marriage based green card. One of the most common way is the K 1 Fiance Visa. You can get this visa if you have met each other in person at least once, and you plan to get married within 90 days of your fiance entering the country. The K-1 Fiance Visa is also known as the 'fiance visa.' It allows your fiance to travel to the United States for the purpose of getting married. If your marriage happens, this can lead to a marriage green card.

Once you and your spouse are married, an adjustment of status application can be submitted. The adjustment of status application allows for the immigrant to continue their immigration case in the USA. The k1 fiance visa is helpful because it allows for the finance to enter the USA legally. That legal entry opens to the door to adjusting status in the USA and getting a green card. Many people prefer this route to consular processing. For consular processing, the couple gets married, but the application process for a green card happens in the country of birth of the foreign spouse. This means that although the couple is married, they will spend time apart. The K 1 fiance visa allows for the couple to continue their immigration case together.


In conclusion, seeking a fiance visa, getting married, and moving to the USA isn't as hard as it seems, but it can take a long time. So doing it right is important, so you can get your greed card and become a permanent resident as fast as possible. If you don't plan well, you may find yourself in the long queue of people who are waiting. Therefore, to bring your foreign spouse to the USA, plan accordingly and find the right immigration attorney.

Read more immigration articles here.

Legal Resources